The Building

The building and its history

The Como Congregational Church and community center building – 

Above:  The building in about 1920.
Below:  A concept drawing showing potential restoration of the architectural intent of the front exterior facade:   adding back in  decorative details and  banding, reinstalling period appearance scallop shakes, restoring two color tone appearance. (Image courtesy of Urban Canopies)

Want to know more?   At Wikipedia, read about Congregational building history and its deep associations with these figures from Minneapolis history:
James Elwell   Maria Sanford   Charles Sedgwick